Here’s a holiday recipe from Sara Ayyash, pastry chef at The Jefferson Hotel in Richmond, Virginia.
Candy Cane Brownies
Yields: 2 dozen brownies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 candy canes, finely crushed
- 2 York ® peppermint patties, chopped
In the microwave, melt the butter and chocolate, stirring every 30 seconds till melted.
Let the chocolate cool to room temperature.
Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 13×9 inch pan.
All at once, add the sugar, eggs, flour, salt, and vanilla to the cooled chocolate. Stir until completely
Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the crushed candy canes and chopped peppermint patties on top.
Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Jefferson Hotel to light Christmas tree (wtvr.com)
- Chocolate Peppermint Trifle (livinlavidabrokea.wordpress.com)
- Dark chocolate candy cane cookies (sweetswithsara.com)
- White Chocolate Candy Cane Cannolis (familyfocusblog.com)
- Candy Cane Marshmallows for Hot Cocoa (craftyvinylmomma.wordpress.com)
- How to Make Candy Cane Reindeers (instructables.com)