“When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” — Willie Nelson
Here are some ideas for getting in touch with gratitude and the impact of kindness and abundance in your life.
- Compose a list of people and things you are thankful for.
- Write a thank you letter.
- Send Thanksgiving cards to loved ones. Dollar Tree has nice ones, two for a dollar.
- Complete a guided meditation on gratitude.
- Bring or send flowers to thank someone.
- Attend a Thanksgiving Day worship service.
- Say a prayer of thanks before your Thanksgiving meal.
- Pass around a “Gratitude Jar” and share your thoughts.
- Take a walk and reflect on your blessings.
- Make something creative: a collage, some photographs, a drawing or poem.
- Attend a 12-step meeting.
- Volunteer or make a charitable contribution.
- Reach out to someone who is going through a hard time. Even a phone call can help.
Have you found creative or meaningful ways to experience and express gratitude? What do you teach your children, if you have them?