I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! The upcoming weekend is full of fun things to do. Shopping is just one of them, but if Black Friday isn’t your thing, how about the ballet? Or a nature hike? Don’t miss the absolutely delightful Reston Holiday Parade tomorrow morning!
Friday, November 29, Black Friday
- Reston Holiday Parade. 11 a.m. – Noon. Reston Town Center.
- Zoolights Opening Night. National Zoo. 5 p.m. Washington, DC.
- Holiday Open House, Merrifield Garden Center (also November 30 and December 1). All locations: Merrifield, Fair Oaks and Gainesville.
Saturday, November 30, Small Business Saturday
- Turkey Walk with a naturalist. 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. E.C. Lawrence Park, Chantilly. $6
- A Very Victorian Christmas. 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Cherry Hill Historic Farmhouse. Falls Church.
- Turkey Trail Hike. 11 a.m. Walker Nature Center, Reston. $5.
Sunday, December 1, First Day of Advent
- Fairfax Ballet presents The Nutcracker. 2 :30 p.m.- 4:30 p.m. Woodson High School, Fairfax. $15 – $30.
Recurring Holiday Events
- Bull Run Festival of Lights. Bull Run Regional Park, Centreville. November 22 – January 5. 5:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. Two and half mile drive-through light display and walk-around winter carnival and Holiday Village with attractions, s’mores and Santa Claus. $20 – $25 per car; 15 or more passengers, $50. This attraction is open Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
- Meadowlark’s Winter Walk of Lights, Meadowlark Botanical Gardens, Vienna, VA. Through January 5th. More than 500,000 LED lights and displays transform the gardens into a winter wonderland, including a flowing stream of softly glowing lights, two-story animated fountain, and Gingerbread Village. $8 kids; $13 adults.
- Gingerbread Village exhibit. Made from real gingerbread. It smells and looks delicious. Hyatt Hotel Reston lobby. Reston Town Center.
You must be logged in to post a comment.