Do you ever get a craving for Thanksgiving dinner when it’s not Thanksgiving? I know I do! As soon as November rolls around, I am dreaming of stuffing and turkey. Not to worry. I have a Thanksgiving meal you can whip up in 15 minutes.
- It looks and smells just like Thanksgiving.
- It tastes pretty good. It’s better than a frozen entree.
- It is lightining fast.
- It is inexpensive
- Everything is made on the stove top. The kitchen won’t be hot.
- It has a lot of sodium.
- The food is processed. Not saying to eat this way every day. This is more “after work comfort food.”
- 1 small saucepan, 1 frying pan, 2 medium sauce pans (if you don’t have 3 saucepans, make the stuffing first, then the mashed potatoes)
- 1 package of Perdue Short Cuts Carved Turkey Breast (refrigerated section)
- 1 envelope of instant turkey gravy mix (store brand is fine)
- 1 envelope of Idahoan Butter and Herb instant mashed potatoes
- 1 box Stuffing Mix for Turkey (store brand is fine)
- 1 box of Green Giant Simply Steam Green Beans and Almonds, No Sauce (freezer section)
- Dried cranberries (optional)
- Dried tarragon
- 1/2 stick of butter plus additional butter for green beans
- Can or jar of cranberry sauce
Directions You will need all four burners on the stovetop. You will do these steps fairly simultaneously. It’s easy.
- Empty turkey into a frying pan. If it is non-stick, you won’t need to add oil. Put on medium heat and turn occasionally while preparing other ingredients.
- Microwave the green beans according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, place the gravy mix in the small saucepan and add 1 cup of cold water. Whisk well and set to boil, stirring occasionally. Once it comes to boil, set heat to simmer or low.
- Put 2 cups of cold water in one saucepan and set to boil. When it boils add contents of mashed potatoes, stir well with a spatula, cover and remove from heat. Fluff with a fork.
- Put 1-1/2 cups of cold water plus 1/2 stick of butter and set to boil. Add the stuffing mix, stir well, remove from heat, cover for five minutes. Fluff with fork.
- Meanwhile, remove the green beans and carefully empty into a heat-proof bowl. Add butter, tarragon, dried cranberries and included almonds to taste.
- Spoon cranberry sauce onto plate. Plate turkey, mashed potateos and stuffing and pour gravy over all. Plate green beans and enjoy!
Tagged: Easy Thanksgiving
You must be logged in to post a comment.