Best wishes to you and all your loved ones for a wonderful Thanksgiving!
I am so grateful today for my blessings, my healthy son, my semi-organized apartment, and my little red car, still going strong after 15 years! I also feel so fortunate to live in Virginia, a beautiful state.
I am also saying a prayer for those who have lost loved ones recently and hope that they soon find comfort and peace.
It’s a day off and if you want to just relax at home, there’s nothing wrong about that! Staying off the roads is safe, too, because a lot of people drink at Thanksgiving.
Here is a gratitude meditation for today.
If you start getting cabin fever, know…
- The weather will be nice for a walk.
- Lots of good new movies in the theaters, including Steven Spielberg’s semi-autobioraphical film, The Fabelmans.
- The light displays at Meadowlark Gardens in Vienna, Cameron Run in Alexandria and Bull Run in Manassas will be open tonight.
- The National Gallery of Art is open
- The Smithsonian Museums are open
- The U.S. Botanic Garden is open
- The Zoo (in DC) is open but you need to get a free pass online on its website
- Some stores are open, including most drug stores.
Some last-minute dining options include…
- Cracker Barrel (locations in Sterling and Manassas); veggie options, too.
- Bob Evans (there is a location in Chantilly).
- Giant Food is also selling a hot roasted turkey breast (while supplies last) for about $10.