Happy Black Friday! I have two plans for your consideration: A and B.
Plan A. Shop Until You Drop.
I know there are some of you out there who are going to go shopping today. You’re up already; that’s why I am publishing this at 4 a.m.! And there are reasons for your readiness, Plan A crew. You might have a special high-ticket gift idea in mind that would absolutely make someone’s Christmas and it would truly save you money to buy it today. Or, today happens to do one of few days you have available to shop and you have a lot of presents to buy in a short amount of time. Or maybe you just couldn’t think of anything else to do on the day after Thanksgiving.
Now, me, I’m a Plan B kind of person. More about that later. This is for the A group:
- Make a budget and stick to it.
- Wear comfy shoes.
- Resolve to be nice and polite to others, no matter what.
Early opening schedules:
- 5 a.m. – Best Buy, J C Penney, Walmart
- 6 a.m. – Bath and Bodyworks, Bed Bath and Beyond, Big Lots, Home Depot, Kohl’s, Lowe’s, Macy’s, Sears, Ulta
- 7 a.m. – DSW, GameStop, Michael’s, PetSmart
- 8 a.m. – Barnes & Noble
Listen to what Garrett Le Chic has to say about Black Friday bargains…and good luck!
Plan B. Get off the Crazy Train.
That’s right. My plan B friends, you are ready to take the day after Thanksgiving back! We are talking about sleeping in, making pancakes or waffles, spending time with loved ones, taking long walks, making turkey sandwiches with leftovers, and doing anything, but anything else, except trying to find a parking space, standing in line and not even saving that much money.
After all there are at least 20 more shopping days until Christmas, am I right?
Today is full of fun possibilities. At the top of the list is the charming Reston Town Center Parade, which travels down Market Street in Reston, VA at 11 am.
Check out the Calendar for all the light displays that are open today.There are also 3 tree lightings today.
- Reston Town Center. In front of the ice skating pavilion on Market Street. 6 pm with Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus.
- Mosaic District Tree Lighting. 4:30 pm – 8:30 pm. Fairfax. Outdoor screening of How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Fire Truck parade with Santa Claus. Free parking.
- Old Town Alexandria Tree Lighting. 6 pm – 8 pm. City Hall Town Square, King Street. Features holiday performance.
Whatever you decide, I hope your Black Friday is the kind of day you wished for.
Tagged: Black Friday
You must be logged in to post a comment.