Before you know it, New Year’s Eve will be here! With a little planning, you can attend one of these fabulous events to ring in 2023. Which sounds the most wonderful to you? All events take place on December 31, 2022 (naturally!)
- Black Tie Gala at the Hotel Willard Intercontinental. Expect a well-dressed crowd of young professionals. $145 desserts until midnight (no dinner), open bar, dancing to DJs and live bands, party favors, champagne toast and balloon drop at midnight. Pay more to get in earlier with dinner options.
- A Night at the Kennedy Center The musical Wicked is playing at the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC at 1:30 pm and 7:30 pm. The musical performance, A Jazz New Year’s Eve, plays at 7 pm and 9 pm.
Chevy Chase, MD
- A New Year’s Eve Maggiano’s Murder Mystery Dinner Event. Maggiano’s Little Italy Chevy Chase 5333 Wisconsin Avenue Northwest Washington, DC 20015. 6:30 pm – 12:30 am. $115.
White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia
- The Greenbrier resort features a whole day of New Year’s Eve activities for registered guests, including an early morning Fun Run, an afternoon Champagne tasting and two parties, one for kids and one for adults. The Frosted in Diamonds event is $225/person, plus tax and gratuity, and features multiple food stations, a live band, dancing and a champagne drop. The children’s party is $125/child between ages 6 and 12.
- First Night Alexandria in Old Town is back this year after a hiatus for the pandemic. The musical performances are indoors and you will need a pass for that ($50 for adults, less for others). The “party” is on the plaza in front of Town Hall (you will also need the pass for that) BUT those fireworks are free! There will be fireworks at midnight for about ten minutes, best visible from the waterfront parks and the Masonic Memorial in Old Town.
- Ice and Lights at the Winter Village at Cameron Run. Ice skating, lights, food and more until 10 p.m. Tickets: $8-$20. Cameron Run Regional Park 4001 Eisenhower Avenue Alexandria, VA 22304.
- Masquerade-themed New Year’s Eve Party at Clarendon Ballroom. Tickets start at $45 (Coat Check $10) and include live entertainment, party favors and Champagne toast. 9 pm – 1 am. 3185 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington
Falls Church City
- New Year’s Eve Party at The State Theatre, featuring the retro tribute band, The Legwarmers. Party like it’s 1985. Admission for 21+ adults, $50. 220 N. Washington Street, Falls Church, VA.
- Party like it’s the ’80s at the sports bar, Ned Devine’s Irish Gastro Pub, with the throwback band, The Reflex. 9:30 pm – Midnight. 2645 Centreville Road, Herndon, VA. (This is the shopping center with the big clock).
- A New Year’s Eve Maggiano’s Murder Mystery Dinner Event. 6:30 pm – 12:30 am. Maggiano’s Little Italy. Tysons II Galleria, 2001 International Drive, McLean, VA. Tickets $125.
- Meadowlark’s Winter Walk of Lights, Meadowlark Botanical Gardens, Vienna, VA. 5:30 p.m. – 10 p.m. More than 500,000 LED lights and displays transform the gardens into a winter wonderland, including a flowing stream of softly glowing lights, two-story animated fountain, and Gingerbread Village. The price of this event ranges from $16 to $20. Advance registration is recommended.
- Kings Dominion Winterfest* (Doswell, VA near Ashland and Richmond) is a fantastic, family-friendly New Year’s Eve experience! Expect ice skating (for a fee), amusement park rides, discounts on holiday merchandise in the gift shops, musical performances and fireworks at midnight. I went last year and had a wonderful time.
- Wintergreen Resort New Year’s Eve – The resort will feature an all-ages party and a 21+ part party with live music and fireworks.
- Williamsburg Inn New Year’s Eve Celebration – An elegant night featuring an 8-course dinner, wine, champagne toast. $275/person, plus tax and gratuity.
- Colonial Williamsburg Community Celebration – this free, outdoor festival held in a heated tent on the grounds of the Art Msueums of Colonial Williamsburg, with live music, televisions for the ball drop, and beverages fro purchase. 301 S. Nassau Street.
- Busch Gardens Christmas Town is open until 10 p.m. on New Year’s Eve.
Virginia Beach, VA
- Last Night on the Town is a free street festival and concert, with family and kids activities from 6 pm to 8 pm and bands and parties from 8 pm – to the midnight countdown with Virginia Beach Ball Drop.
- Pony Island Horseshoe Drop – Festivities begin at 11 pm at this parade and street festival, featuring a costume parade (this year’s theme is “Cowboy Culture”), music, dancing and a horseshoe drop at midnight. Robert Reed Downtown Waterfront Park. Stick around for the Polar Pony Plunge on New Year’s Day as costumed brave souls plunge into the icy Atlantic waters at 1:23 p.m.
Tagged: New Year's Eve in Virginia