Okay, folks, this is IT! This is the last and best day to get ready for Christmas.
Why? Why today? I’m telling you why. In case this day sneaked up on you.
- If you have kids, this is likely the last day they are in school until January 3. And then, and then, parents, it is two whole weeks of togetherness.
- If you don’t have kids, this is the last day you will have any semblance of peace while shopping in a relatively child-free store until January 3.
So, here is my checklist of 10 Must-Do Things for today. Hopefully, this will help you get ready for Christmas and New Year’s Eve this year.
First of all, today is Ugly Sweater Day, so break out that Ugly Christmas or Hanukkah sweater because today is going to be a busy day!
- If you have done everything already, congratulations to you for being so organized! Treat yourself! Enjoy a day of uninterrupted work, play, self-care or relaxation!
- Send in or drop off teacher presents. If you can’t manage a present, send a card.
- Tip your helpers, including childcare workers, house cleaners, pet sitters and groomers, hair stylists, etc. Give an extra amount of tip to servers working this week.
- Stock up on supplies. Folks are home longer than usual, so you’ll use up stuff more quickly. Buy extra toilet paper, hand soap, kleenex, paper towels, printer paper and ink, face masks, cough drops, snacks and groceries.
- Finish your Christmas shopping — gifts and stocking stuffers. If you don’t have one already, you might want to get a 2023 calendar or planner for yourself. Don’t forget tape for gift wrapping!
- Wrap your presents. Hide them, if needed.
- Mail Packages and greeting cards because today is really the last sane day to go to the post office.
- Finalize your plans for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve. See the Cool Yule Calendar for ideas! Make restaurant and hotel reservations, if needed.
- Decide what you’ll wear for special days (like worship services, holiday parties and New Year’s) and see if anything needs ironing or cleaning.
- Book your babysitters and petsitters for dates through January 3 (and beyond).
You must be logged in to post a comment.