I hope you have the most wonderful Christmas ever!
Want to know what fun events are happening today? Here are some suggesions on how to spend today. I am emphasizing outdoor itineraries today, for Covid safety.
Some highlights today
- 1 pm: Water skiing Santa and his friends, Alexandria waterfront
- 8 pm: Olaf’s Frozen Adventure – ABC
- 8 pm: A Holly Dolly Christmas (with Dolly Parton) – CBS
- 8 pm: It’s A Wonderful Life (movie with Jimmy Stewart) – NBC
- 8:30 pm: Shrek the Halls – ABC
- 9 pm: Disney Prep & Landing – ABC
- 9:30 pm: Disney Prep & Landing 2: Naughty vs. Nice – ABC
- 11:30 pm: Christmas Eve Mass (with the Pope) – NBC
Safety Today for You and the Community
A big surge in holiday travel is expected today. In addition to the Covid surge, people tend to drink and drive during the holidays, so it’s a good idea to take precautions. Consider
- Remembering that the greatest thing we can do for health care workers right now is not to beome another patient in an already over-stressed system.
- Spending at least a few minutes in prayer or quiet reflection.
- Call or Zoom with family and friends.
- Remaining safer at home. Watch movies, listen to music, play games, cook special meals, bake cookies, make mulled cider, take walks, read and work on the December self-care challenge.
- Instead of going to church, watching a live service online.
- Take a virtual tour of the White House decorations.
- Driving on secondary roads instead of major highways. It takes longer but there are fewer and less severe accidents.
- Staying off the roads completely after dark.
- Wearing a mask anytime you are indoors and not in your home.
- Staying home if you feel sick at all.
- Be a little more patient, if you are spending time with family. Take time for yourself and breathe and stretch. Manage your expectations and focus on the positive.